Wednesday 31 December 2014

Cristiano Ronaldo named Best Player of 2014 at Globe Soccer awards


Real Madrid and Portugal striker, Cristiano Ronaldo has definitely ended the year on a high note by winning yet another award, Best Player of the Year award at the Globe Soccer Awards. The former Manchester United star received the accolade at the awards ceremony which held on Monday, December 29, 2014 in Dubai, UAE. Speaking after receiving his award, the football star said he hopes the award would be an opening door for him to win the 2014 Ballon d’Or. ‘I hope that it’s a good sign [for the Ballon d’Or], but I’m not worried about that, the people who vote already have. I just feel happy it’s one more trophy for my dedication and hard work. ‘I want to say thank you to the people at Real Madrid, the players, the coach. We had a fantastic season, we won four trophies and we’re one of the best sides in the world. To win this award is a great pleasure, I am very proud.’ Cristiano Ronaldo is vying for the Ballon d’Or alongside Lionel Messi and Manuel Neuer, with the winner to be announced on Monday, January 12, 2015.... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment